Monday, May 7, 2012

But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19 Hello from Haiti! The above scripture has been going through my mind over and over since arriving yesterday. We are having an amazing time. Jean Daniel is perfect. I am trying to memorize everything about him. From his cute deep little voice to how he sings praise song with his mommy to his beautiful thick eyelashes, his cute chubby little feet and toes, his stinking cute laugh, to how he holds on tight to me and doesn’t want to be apart, to how he constantly calls out for me, on and on…every detail. I don’t want to forget anything. Our adoption and our bond with him is a total God thing. For both Eric and I, the moment he first met us he held on tight and completely captured my heart. I am completely in love with this precious little boy. Skype Sundays are wonderful but the JD that we talk to on those days is nothing like the JD in person. He has amazed me. He can count, sing his ABC’s, call us mommy and daddy and he LOVES to talk. In fact he never stops. I really need to learn Creole because I would love to know what he is saying. He does repeat so much that we say now and he is now saying I love you and so much more. He also loves to sing. We have had so many precious moments singing praise songs together. I love it. He is a worshipper. He looks up towards heaven when he sings too, it is amazing!!! He also is going to be a drummer, I just know it. He takes his toys and constantly beats them in different rhythms, it cracks me up. He is amazing and he is mine. I am pondering it all in my heart. I have so appreciated all the prayer that has gone up on our behalf in regards to our adoption. I am writing this blog entry as I watch my precious boy sleep. I am asking all you prayer warriors to please intercede. Tomorrow we have an appointment to see the dean in the court. This is a very important meeting. Please pray for favor. Please also pray that they contact his bio mom and she comes tomorrow. If they would not locate her she would have to come back another day and that would add time to when he comes home. I don’t want anything to hold him back. Please, please pray. Wednesday we have an appointment at the US embassy to file some paperwork. This is also a very important meeting. You can also pray for favor with all of the government officials. Lastly pray for our hearts. I know JD will be home in a few short months but I can’t even fathom leaving him here in a few days. It breaks my heart. Please pray for strength and peace. Please also pray for strength and peace for JD’s heart. He hasn’t wanted us out of his sight since we have been here. I don’t want him to think we have abandoned him. Pray that angels surround him and comfort him and give him peace and that he knows he has a family that loves him. Pray that after we leave that he even dreams about us and feels our love and feels God’s love every minute of every day until we are together again. I know God has done that so far. It has been a year and a half since I was here last and it seemed like no time had passed when he saw us yesterday. We were showing him pics of his brothers and sisters and I pointed to Jacqueline and said Sissy. Jacqueline was with me when I went to Haiti 19 months ago. Instead of repeating sissy he said Jacqueline. It was amazing. He knows his family. God is so faithful. Please intercede with us. God is a defender of the fatherless, there are many scriptures that prove it. Please pray them out loud with us. Psalms 10:14 ….thou art a helper of the fatherless. James 1:27 (amp)External religious worship (religion as it is expressed in outward acts) that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world. Those are just a couple scriptures. There are more. I am claiming them on behalf of my son. That God would move swiftly and mightily on our behalf. That we would have supernatural favor on every step of the remaining part of our adoption and that we will be amazed at how quickly he comes home and until that day comes that he will hold all of us in his loving arms and give us comfort, strength and peace. Will you pray with us too?

No comments:

Post a Comment